29 Things on My Bucket List

It's my birthday month and I can't believe I'm starting my last year in my twenties!! In honor of turning 29, I thought it would be fun to have all of my posts this month be "29" related! So today I want to share 29 of the things that are on my bucket list and why I want to accomplish them. Here we go!

No. 1: Become a Mother


I won't go into too much detail here because I plan on doing a post all about our infertility story, but becoming a mother has always been something I've wanted. After struggling to get pregnant and start our family, Shawn and I are finally expecting our first baby (a girl!) in June and we couldn't be more thrilled. Being a mama is something I know I was meant to do...even if I didn't always know how it would happen or what it would look like for us. 


No. 2: Travel to Australia

Ever since watching the Mary-Kate and Ashley movie "Our Lips Are Sealed" and "Bondi Beach" I have wanted to visit Australia haha! No, but really. I have always wanted to visit and have had it on my bucket list for years. I'm fascinated by the Aussie accent, the beautiful coastline and an entirely different culture. I would love to climb the Sydney Harbor Bridge and take in the gorgeous views from up there! 


No. 3: Design and Build a Home

Y'all....I can't tell you how ready I am for this!! For the first seven years of our marriage, Shawn and I lived in apartments. A year and a half ago we moved into a townhouse and now we are in a home. We're still renting and it's a beautiful home, but I can't wait to have a place that's my own! I can't wait to design and build a space that is perfect for us and our family's needs. Plus that means putting down roots and I'm all about that! If you're interested, you can see my "Home", "Decor" and tons of design boards on Pinterest here!

No. 4: Go on an Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Shawn and I have been on three cruises now and absolutely LOVE them! We swear by them and they're one of our favorite ways to travel. Lodging, food and transportation all in one. Plus, an endless amount of yummy food. We have done a Mexican Riviera cruise, a Bahamas cruise and a Western Caribbean cruise. Next on our list is an Eastern Caribbean cruise. Ideally, we would fly down to Puerto Rico and go from there so we don't have as many travel days at sea and can see more islands. My dream cruise is linked here!

No. 5: Learn to Make Sushi


So...I've actually completed this one! Shawn had a classmate in dental school in Boston that knew how to make sushi and showed us all the ins and outs! Being right on the ocean, Boston had amazing markets with sushi grade fish and other ingredients so we really lucked out. The sushi (and seafood) we had out there was amazing! We need to find a good market here in Texas and start having sushi nights again! It's so fun to create your own rolls and make it fresh. One of our favorite ways to spend date night!


No. 6: Go Horseback Riding on a Beach

I don't know why this sounds so fun to me, but it does. It seems like it would be super relaxing, a new way to experience a beachside stroll and a great way to take in some amazing sunsets with my man!

No. 7: Fly First Class

If any of you have seen "Crazy Rich Asian", you'll totally understand why I want to fly first class haha! To have a private little room on a plane instead of a cramped little seat would be AH-MAZING. But I'd even settle for a bigger seat and more leg room! Maybe me and my champagne appetite will get to experience this at least once someday!


No. 8: Travel to Ireland

The accents, the landscape, the views, the quaint little towns...who doesn't want to travel to Ireland?! I'm fully aware how cliche and ridiculous it is that I get most of my travel inspiration from movies, but why not? After seeing the adorable movie "Leap Year", I wanted to hop on a plane right then and head to Ireland. It is so beautiful and the culture there fascinates me. Plus, I've heard they have really good food!

No. 9: Climb the Statue of Liberty


I'm a firm believer that everyone should have this on their bucket list! Even if you don't want to hike to the very tip top, at least get out to the Big Apple and see it. My family and I had the opportunity to climb to the crown a few summers ago and it was hands down one of the coolest things I've ever done! Along with the breathtaking views, the rich history and climbing up the winding staircases make this experience a must do!!

No. 10: Take Graphic Design Courses

I've always had a love for graphic design and creating virtual art, but have just done it as a hobby or for specific events and needs. Now that I have a little more free time, I'm seriously looking into taking a few online courses to further my knowledge and expand on what I can do! Do you have a hobby or talent you'd like to develop more? I want to know, tell me below!!

No. 11: Go White Water Rafting

Ever since I was a little girl and saw my dad go on some really neat white water rafting trips, my interest has been piqued! I love fun adventures and trying new things outside my normal comfort zone. The fact that this is a water activity is a big bonus! 

No. 12: Plant a Garden

Whenever someone brings up gardening, I always joke about not being able to keep anything alive. Well now that I'm going to be responsible for keeping a tiny little human alive, I figured I should try to start keeping plants alive as well haha. And since we are no longer living in apartments and have a backyard, why not?! Ideally I'd like to have a vegetable garden with things like carrots, tomatoes, cilantro, basil, lettuce, etc. but I'm up for any and all suggestions on what to try growing first!

No. 13: Hike the Haiku Stairs in Oahu

Also known as "The Stairway to Heaven", this place looks sooooo dreamy! The mountains, the ocean, the greenery. Need I go on? I love hiking and I love Hawaii...this combines the two so I'm all in!

No. 14: Attend the Olympics

Yes, another cheesy movie reference..."Getting There" with Mary-Kate and Ashley. I know I'm not the only one who low key loves it haha! They travel to Utah with a bunch of their friends to see the Olympics in 2002. After seeing this movie and hearing about some of my own friends who have gone before, I knew I wanted to see some of the events one day. There's just something that seems so neat about the greatest athletes in the world coming together in one place to see who's the best of the best! If I could choose any events, it'd have to be diving, soccer, beach volleyball, gymnastics and bobsleigh! What would you want to watch?

No. 15: Swim with Dolphins


This has been on my bucket list since I was little and I finally got to check it off last fall when Shawn and I went to Jamaica. This was another one of those must-do-at-some-point-in-your-life moments! I was equal parts excited and thrilled when we got to the dolphin cove. I knew it would probably be a once in a lifetime opportunity and that there was no way I was backing out...but a little something inside of me was still very much aware that these creatures are big and powerful and that I was about to go out in open water with them haha! Needless to say, I didn't miss the opportunity and totally seized the moment! I told myself that they wouldn't let anyone do it if it wasn't safe and that these dolphins were rescued, taken well care of and worked with their trainers for a really long time. Turns out I had nothing to be scared of and it was a blast! They are such sweet, interactive gentle creatures and I will never forget the amazing experience I had there with them in Jamaica!

No. 16: Stay in an Overwater Bungalow in Bora Bora

You better believe I'm all about tropical vacations and ever since I learned overwater bungalows were a thing, I've wanted to go. Especially when I saw the beautiful ones in Bora Bora!! This kind of vacation just screams relaxation and I'm always up for disconnecting from the outside world and just being present. Now I have to con Shawn into taking me there someday!

No. 17: Learn Calligraphy

I'm obsessed with calligraphy and am always in awe of the beautiful things people can create with their writing! I'm a firm believe in challenging ourselves and learning new hobbies, so I've made it a goal to learn calligraphy and use it for fun little projects here and there. This is the book and pens I got to help me!

No. 18: Go to a Drive-In Movie

This just sounds so old school and fun to me! Drive-in theaters are rare these days and I think there's something unique and special about living in the past for things like this...getting to experience something original the way it used to be! 

No. 19: Start a Lego Collection


The idea of purchasing Legos may seem trivial or silly to some of you, but to me it's something that has special meaning and significance. I grew up building all of the original Lego sets with my dad and we have some awesome memories! Legos are great therapy and a simple way to escape adulthood for a few hours. When I was home visiting last weekend my dad let me bring his huge Harry Potter Hogwarts set home with me so Shawn and I have been working on that for the past week. So fun! I can't wait to start my own Lego collection.

No. 20: Visit the Grand Canyon 

Anyone else think that this is a must for everyone?! I've actually had the opportunity to go, and the Grand Canyon is breathtaking! It's a great reminder of earth's beauty and will blow your mind. Definitely worth a trip!

No. 21: Relearn to Play the Violin

In fourth grade I started taking violin lessons at school. I played all the way through my freshman year of high school, but then soccer became so demanding that I didn't feel like I could do both. I definitely don't regret giving 110% of myself to soccer, but there is small part of me that wishes I hadn't given up on orchestra. So now, in my older wiser years (haha!), I'm ready to pick up my bow and start playing again. Here's to hoping that it's like riding a bike and all comes back to me!

No. 22: Go to the Top of the Eiffel Tower

To be in Paris at all would be amazing, but to go up in the Eiffel Tower would probably be an experience I couldn't describe adequately in words. I imagine it would be similar to the feeling I got at the top of the Statue of Liberty, but I've never been to Europe before where as I had been to New York. I can only imagine how breathtaking the views would be. Better start saving my pennies now!

No. 23: Start a Podcast

I love blogging and sharing my thoughts with others through words, but I've had the feeling for awhile that I should start a podcast as well. I've had some experiences in my life and trials I've gone through that I feel people could really relate to. Hearing a voice makes a person seem more real and fosters a deeper connection. I'm a believer that a big part of why we go through trials and hardship is so that we can better know how to help and empathize with others...so that we can help others through similar experiences and be a voice of encouragement, love and support.

No. 24: See the Northern Lights

This one may be tougher to accomplish than some of my other bucket list items, but I know if it happens it will be amazing. The northern lights always look so beautiful in movies and pictures...I can only imagine how astonishing they are in real life!

No. 25: Hike to Machu Picchu

Um, yes please! I've had several friends take this trip and my sister is going in April. So jealous! I've heard nothing but good things about the people, the culture, the views and the experience over all. I definitely think Shawn and I will take this trip someday!

No. 26: Visit Niagara Falls


Alright, who's seen "Mr. Magoo"?! If you know, you know haha. Shawn and I actually had the chance to drive to Canada from Boston when we lived out there and we saw both the U.S. side and the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. So amazing! We zip-lined across one side and then rode a ferry down through falls on the other side. We totally got soaked, but the views were worth it! If you want to hear more about our trip there and what we did, you can read my blog post here.

No. 27: Go Bungee Jumping

I won't lie, the thought of this absolutely terrifies me! But I also believe that we grow when we do things that challenge us and get us out of our comfort zones. Plus, I do love a good adrenaline rush! I think the only way I would do this is if the jump was over water and I could tandem jump with Shawn! Would you ever go bungee jumping?

No. 28: Run a Spartan Race

My sister has run tons of Spartan races and I was actually training with her last year to run one, but then I found out I was pregnant and it got put on the back burner for now. But someday I would like to complete one...probably a sprint or a super...the beast may take some convincing haha!

No. 29: Get Over My Fear of Public Speaking

Not a lot of people know this about me, but I have a really big fear of public speaking and being up in front of a crowd. Whenever people find this out about me, they're shocked because I'm so outgoing and personable. I always explain that yes, thats true, but when I'm the only one talking and all the focus is on me...that's when the nerves take over and I get close to passing out. It's definitely something I'm working on (baby steps) and hope to overcome in the next year!
Well there you have it, my bucket list! I'm sure I'll add things to this list as I check others off. I'd love to hear what's on your bucket list! Tell me in the comments below. Happy Wednesday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe