It's Been Awhile!

Hey Everyone! It's been quite awhile since I last wrote. I took some time off this summer to focus on other things and enjoy some quality time with family. But I'm back and can't wait to share what I've been up to!!

Ok, where to start? At the beginning of June, I decided to start my own website and leave Etsy for good. It was super scary and the journey has been all about discovering, rebuilding and proving to myself I could do it...and guess what?! I'm doing it! The process has not always been easy, but I'm starting to see results and can't wait to see what the future holds for Lexi's Loft! You can check out my new site here.

In July, we welcomed a new niece to the family! Little Miss Emrie was born on the 4th of July and she is an absolute doll!! I'm obsessed with her. Seriously, she couldn't be cuter.



At the beginning of August I had the chance to go back to my hometown and visit my grandparents. It was such a good weekend full of reminiscing and catching up with family and friends. I didn't realize how much I loved and missed Spokane until I was there!




My dad and sister went with me and while dad worked, my sister and I took a stroll down memory lane. We drove past our old schools, the mall we shopped at for everything, our old family houses and so many places that we missed from home! I also met up with old friends and ate at some of my favorite restaurants. Such a fun trip!





The week after visiting Spokane, I went on a fun little girls trip with my sister in law. We both needed a break from work, responsibility and life! So we booked some flights to California and had a girls weekend. Our first day there we went to Disneyland and it could not have been more fun!! (Writing a whole post on this with tips next week)! The next day we went down to Laguna Beach, Newport Beach and Huntington Beach. In Laguna Beach we just walked around since it was early and still a bit chilly. We also drove around some of the hillside neighborhoods taking in all the views. Laguna is so beautiful!! In Newport Beach we saw the temple, ate lunch at a cute little place called "Bear Flag" and hit up Newport Beach for some sunshine and kayaking! At Huntington Beach we walked along the beach, checked out the pier and soaked up the sunset. We ended the day by treating ourselves to a movie and spa night back at the hotel!





We started our third day at Manhattan Beach and I was completely shocked by how pretty this beach was! There was a huge AVP Beach Volleyball tournament going on so we watched that, walked the pier and watched a bunch of people surf. Then we headed over to the LA temple (so pretty!!) and walked the grounds. It's amazing how the temple there is right in LA and surrounded by skyscrapers but still feels so serene and secluded. After the temple we drove along the coast to Santa Monica Beach. This beach was so busy! Of course we had to walk the pier, get a churro and ride scooters. After SM, we headed to Rodeo Drive to feel fancy for the night! We ate at Cheesecake Factory, toured Louis Vuitton and drooled over all the pretty things. So much fun to get a taste for how the rich and famous live! We said our goodbyes and headed home Sunday morning after a super fun and relaxing trip!





What else is new? Oh we through a fun little Frozen party for my adorable niece Colbie! My mom and I made her a costume (dress, cape, hair...the whole shebang)! We had Frozen themed cupcakes, took her to get her ears pierced and her first pedicure. So many fun memories for the cutest three year old out there!



Well that's pretty much what's new with me and how I spent my summer! Stay tuned for more frequent posts starting next week including how to build a Fall wardrobe, all of my favorite Pumpkin Spice items to try this Fall, my Disneyland trip plus tips and more! Happy Monday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe