What's Up Wednesday


Happy Wednesday and Merry Christmas!



It's time for a special round of What's Up Wednesday with my girls ShaySheaffer, and Mel. I'm a little late, but here's a sneak peek at what I did this Christmas and what's new and exciting!

What we're eating this week:

It's been a long-standing tradition in my family to eat Belgian Waffles and Ham on Christmas Eve. We would go over to my Grandma and Grandpa's house and stuff our faces! We kept the tradition going after my Grandpa passed away and I feel like it's the perfect way to always keep his memory alive and with us! So even though we weren't all together for Christmas this year, y'all better believe that Shawn and I ate Belgian Waffles and Ham on Monday night!




What I'm reminiscing about:

Christmases past! I've been feeling so nostalgic and longing to bring back things from my childhood. I recently went home to visit and my parents let me bring back their Nintendo 64 for a bit. I'm obsessed with Mario Kart and used to play it all the time as a kid. I've also been watching a lot of old Christmas movies and buying games from my childhood!



What I'm loving:
I have loved being home for Christmas this year! We actually bought a tree and decorated our place. We didn't in the past because we always left around December 15th to go home for the holidays. This year, Shawn has to work and everyone is coming out here to see us. It's been a fun, refreshing change!


 

What we've been up to:
Oh my gosh y'all, this time of year is nuts for my business and keeps me super busy. But I'm officially done for the rest of the year and can't wait to take this much needed break!

What I'm dreading:
I don't want the holidays to pass too quickly and I always fee that they do. I wish Christmas would feel like the longest day of the year, but most of the time it goes by in the blink of an eye.

What I'm excited about:
We just got a new smoker and can't wait to cook all the things in it! Turkey, ribs, salmon...seriously all the things. If you have any good recipes or ideas to smoke in it let me know in the comments!


What I'm working on:
Shawn and I have been deep cleaning our house and finishing up work to get ready for his family coming into town. We're so excited to have them all here and have lots of fun activities planned. Tune into my Instagram (@lexipjones) to see what we do!

What I'm watching:
The new season of Fuller House on Netflix and of course ALL THE CHRISTMAS MOVIES! Lifetime and Hallmark have some really cute ones. Yes, they're predictable and all the same, but they're happy feel good movies that make Christmas time even better. Let me know if you want a list of my faves!


What I'm listening to:
While I'm at the gym, driving around town or working, I've been listening to the fifth book in the Falling Kingdom series, Crystal Storm. I've really enjoyed this series! It's fantasy that's like a mix of Harry Potter and Game of Thrones. It sucks you in!


What I'm wearing:
It's actually started getting pretty cold here in Dallas, so I've been wearing lots of sweaters, fur vests and and the warmest cutest boots ever! I got them a few weeks ago and I'm obsessed! Also, anyone have good recommendations on where to get cute boot socks?


What I'm doing this weekend:
All of Shawn's family will be in town so we're having a big Christmas dinner (a few days late) and celebrating New Years! We love playing games so I'm sure that and good food is in the plan. What are y'alls plans for New Years?

What I'm looking forward to next month:
I definitely have a love/hate relationship with January. It makes me a little sad because the holidays have come and gone, but at the same time I'm all about clean slates and fresh starts! I can't wait to set new goals and kick some serious booty in 2019! And you better believe that I'll be using my Erin Condren LifePlanner to help me track my goals and stay organized! If you want some seriously cute planner inspo, follow @fashionablykay and #fashionablykayplanner on Instagram!




What else is new:
Not much!

Have a fabulous Wednesday and a great rest of the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe