What's Up Wednesday



Happy Wednesday!



I promise more blog posts are on their way, it's just been a little crazy around here! But I'll fill y'all in on that later. Time for another round of "What's Up Wednesday" including fall plans, DIY projects for our new place and more! And of course I'm linking up with ShaySheaffer, and Mel!

What we're eating this week:
One of the meals on the menu for this week is homemade egg rolls and fried rice. My brother in law gave me a recipe for the egg rolls we made at his house a couple weeks ago and I've been dying to have them again. Does anyone else love egg rolls as much as me?! 





What I'm reminiscing about:
The last cruise we went on was almost six years ago so as we prepare to go on one this weekend, I can't help but think back on our last one and how much fun it was. We made some great memories and had nothing but good things to say about cruises. Totally the way to vacay! Here's a little throwback to our last cruise haha!





What I'm loving:
Ok so there's a few things that I've been loving and/or discovered recently. First one, Kroger has an AMAZING Gluten Free Layered Chocolate Cake in their frozen section and it is to die for. I seriously couldn't even tell it was GF! Next one, Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. Normally when I try a bronzer/tanning lotion it's awful and just washes off. I've been pleasantly surprised by this one. It didn't wash off in the shower and has given my skin a nice even glow. It has definitely helped get me cruise ready!

What we've been up to:
We've been making, assembling and painting furniture for our new place. I love crafting, DIYing, whatever you want to call it. I'd much rather make things so I can hand pick each element and get exactly what I want. Our latest project was these beautiful mid century modern nightstands that turned out fantastic and I couldn't love them more! Next project...Mud cloth and fur pillows for our living room couch. Stay tuned! Follow me on Instagram to see my stories and all the updates about our DIY adventures! (@lexipjones)






What I'm dreading:
Not really dreading much right now! Life is good.

What I'm working on:
Remember last month how I said I had fun ideas for my Etsy shop that I was working on? Well, I officially released my 2018 Fall Line and I couldn't love it more! If you're anything like me, you love a good comfy graphic tee! I turned that love into a business and I'm so proud of what Lexi's Loft has become. And just for my readers, here's a discount code to use on your first purchase! Use "NEWBIE" at checkout for 10% off.







What I'm excited about:
My hubby and I leave for our Anniversary/Dental School Graduation trip on Saturday and I couldn't be more excited! We're going on a Bahamas cruise and then exploring Harry Potter World & Universal Studios for a few days. To say I'm ecstatic is such an understatement! This is like the perfect vacay for me...good food, a beach, sunshine and total relaxation mixed with my nerdy love of HP...um, yes please!

What I'm reading:
The newest issue of The Magnolia Journal, what else?! If y'all don't read this magazine, you're missing out! Do yourself a huge favor and subscribe. Best $20 I spend all year. There's an issue for each season of the year that is full of recipes, motivational articles, home decor tips and so much more. I'm obsessed!

What I'm listening to:
Of course I've been listening to my go to podcast, The Goal Digger Podcast by Jenna Kutcher. It's money. Seriously, check it out. She talks about business, goals, relationships and being a total boss in life. I love it! But recently, I've also been into Panic! At The Disco which seems so random and odd for me. I'm not normally a huge fan of theirs, but I am completely OBSESSED with their new song "High Hopes". Just listen to it and you'll understand.

What I'm wearing:
I know it's not quite fall yet, but y'all have no idea how excited I am to start wearing sweaters and booties again! But until then, you can find me shorts and swimsuits (I'm loving this new one I just got from Nani Swimwear!)...soaking up the last parts of the summer sunshine.



What I'm doing this weekend:
Leaving for my long anticipated, well deserved, overdue vacay with my main squeeze! #cantwait

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Oh October is such a fabulous month! It'll mean that Silobration in Waco is finally here! My mom is flying in at the end of October to go to this huge event with my me and my sister. I've been hearing good things about it and how much fun it is. I'm excited that I'm actually living here, close and can go this year!



What else is new:
A couple things...the hubby and I babysat my niece and nephews all last weekend while my sister was a total boss and competed in the North American Spartan Championship. Going from no kids to three kids overnight was definitely a challenge, but we had a blast with them! We took them to the Dallas Hot Wheels Event on Saturday and the boys were beside themselves! They had a blast. It was so cute! Speaking of cute things, did y'all know that Target carries THE MOST ADORABLE Harry Potter stuff for kids? I was just strolling through Target like I do on a normal basis (no judging!) looking for a birthday present for my niece when I saw a whole section of HP merch. I don't know that I've ever felt so many emotions at once before. At first I was in shock and couldn't believe they had a whole section. Then I was overwhelmed by how cute all the stuff actually was. Then finally I was jealous and disappointed that they didn't have any in my size haha. Seriously though, so cute and pretty affordable. I got this adorable set for my little niece!








Well that's it for the update! Happy Wednesday! Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe