What's Up Wednesday


Happy Wednesday!



It's been so long since I've posted. I've been crazy busy with the move, finding a house, and getting settled in. But I knew I needed to get back at it and start blogging again, so today I'm doing a "What's Up Wednesday" post and linking up with ShaySheaffer, and Mel.

What we're eating this week:
Since we're in the process of moving out of my sister's house and into our own place, we've been eating out haha. Last night we ate at Rosa's in Frisco and it was so delish, I definitely recommend it!

What I'm reminiscing about:

My baby sister is leaving for an 18 month church service mission in Puerto Rico next month so I've been thinking a lot about her and how much I'll miss her. She is one of the sweetest, most caring people I know and two Christmases without her is going to be awful. But I'm super proud of her and her decision to serve. She will be an awesome missionary!



What I'm loving:
Living close to family again! I LOVE being so close to my niece and nephews. They are some of the cutest funniest little people I know and always seem to put a smile on my face!


 

What we've been up to:
We found a house! Well, kind of. We're renting a cute townhouse for a year until we build. My husband will know more after this first year where he'll be located for work, so until then renting made the most sense. Since we have so many school loans and are just getting established here, I've been getting my "DIY" on and recreating some pieces that are less expensive to make. Follow me on Instagram to see my stories and all the updates! (@lexipjones)



IKEA Hack TV Console...I love how it turned out!
What I'm dreading:
Any fellow Dallas gals out there? Hopefully what I'm dreading is behind us, but this heat has been killing me! Now mind you, I do love summer and sunshine, but Texas has had an unusually hot summer with most days well above 105 degrees. Add the humidity to that and it just drains you! So I'd be completely ok if it dropped down to the low 90s.

What I'm working on:
I've been working on fun new ideas and marketing strategies for my Etsy shop. I'm also still brainstorming exciting new blog topics so if you have any requests or suggestions, send them my way!

What I'm excited about:
I have a lot of exciting things going on right now so I couldn't just choose one. Shawn and I are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for a family reunion in Utah. We're heading to a cabin in the mountains for the weekend and I couldn't be more excited! Also...we bought a new couch from Nebraska Furniture Mart (have ya'll been there?!?!) and it's being delivered on Monday!!!!
Picture of Kendleton Right Facing Sofa with Chaise in Stone
What I'm reading:
This is terrible, but I 'm still in the process of reading Rachel Hollis' book "Girl, Wash Your Face". And it's not taking forever because I don't like the book, it's because I've been so stinkin' busy. But I'm taking it with me this weekend and I totally plan to read in the woods while looking at some killer views!

What I'm listening to:
Have y'all heard the new Imagine Dragons album? I know I may behind the times a bit on this one, but I kind of just discovered it a couple weeks ago. It's rare that I like every song on an album...but on this one I do. Every song is so different and so catchy...you better believe that these songs will get stuck in your head and you'll be singing 'em for days!


What I'm wearing:
As little clothing as possible haha! But seriously, this heat is a killer. I've been living by the pool and when I'm not, I'm wearing shorts and tees or dresses. Whatever keeps me cool!

What I'm doing this weekend:
Family reunion number two of the summer. I can't wait to see my husband's family and spend some time "glamping" in the woods. Oh, and hallelujah for cooler weather...I won't know what to do with myself in 75 degree weather!

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Being all settled into our new place, no traveling just laying low, and preparing for our Anniversary trip at the beginning of September!

First half: cruise to the Bahamas

Second half: Harry Potter World (I've been waiting forever!!!!)

What else is new:
We've become true Texans and bought a truck! I'm excited to now have a way to pick up all the furniture I want to buy! My husband will probably roll his eyes when he reads this, but it's true. For the last five years we've just had our one car so we couldn't haul things. And sharing one car is the worst. So it'll be nice to each have our own now!

What's your favorite thing you did this summer:
Moved to Texas! I think it's by far one of the best decisions my husband and I have made. We love it so far and can't wait to see what our future holds here!

You know it's official when your name's on the door!

So glad our families were able to come out and support Shawn!

Happy Wednesday! Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe