Small Shop Wednesday: Anders' Attic

Happy Wednesday!


Today is a special version of Small Shop Wednesday because I'm featuring my gorgeous sister's shop! She is such a boss and is dominating the pillow world with her cute shop Anders' Attic. I mean, how cute (and hilarious!) are her pillows?! Let's take a closer look at the woman behind the shop that's been featured on BuzzFeed, in magazines, and is absolutely killin' it.

Meet Kaylyn!


What is your job // career // momlife?
My life is a constant blur of running after three kids and making pillows

What is your business name?
Anders' Attic 

What is your website?

What is your business all about?
 I try to create unique and quirky designs that are different than anything out there


Why did you start your business?
I started making pillows to buy a nice camera and to have something to do after my first child Andersen was born. I opened my shop to meet two needs; the first being my need to create and be imaginative, the second to provide unique handmade items for people who share my interests

Tell us about you!
I am a stay-at-home mom with a traveling husband and three little mobile vessels of destruction at home with me. My passions are soccer, reading, anything Harry Potter, Netflix marathons, and creating unique things

What motivates you and gets you out of bed each day?
Three little turkeys that wake me up at 6:00am is what gets me out of bed everyday. What motivates me is the gym. If I go to the gym in the morning the rest of my day seems to be a lot more productive


How do you balance home and work life?
Most days it feels out of balance and chaotic. But you make it work. Some days I spend all day with my kids and get no work done until they go to bed

What is your Instagram handle?

What's a goal you have for 2018?
 I hope to offer my designs on a wider variety of products and get my own independent website up and running

Any advice for other small shop owners?
"Dreams don’t work unless you do!” has been a reoccurring realization for me over these five years and I’m here to say that it is A LOT of hard work and endless hours of frustration, mixed in with moments of failure, but it is worth it! Make your dreams happen! If you don’t think you can do it, trust me, you can



Kaylyn has always been a very creative person. Mix that creativity with her sense of style and eye for decorating, you get the perfect combination. The little details, the simple fonts, and the subtle color palette of her pillows come together to create something that you'll love no matter your decorating style.

And the fact that she's got something for everyone in her shop makes gift giving a breeze! Anders' Attic has pillows for the Harry Potter obsessed, the Office lover, the Jane Austen fan, the Stars Wars nerd, and many more. Kaylyn even offers gift wrapping and messages so you can ship a pillow right to the person's front door. Simple.


Lastly, I want to talk about quality. Having personally seen Kaylyn's workspace, production process, and finished items I can easily say that her products are high end and great quality. She works so hard to make her pillows unique and special for each customer. The thick, structured fabric make them perfect eye candy for couches, beds, chairs, you name it. They add a personal touch to a space in your home that may otherwise be a bit dull. These pillows add character and let your guests know a little bit more about you and your likes. They can also be good conversation starters!

I hope you've all enjoyed a little behind the scenes sneak peek at Anders' Attic and the boss lady that makes it all happen. I've always looked up to her as a sister, but now I do so as a fellow business owner too! Be sure to follow Anders' Attic on social media for updates, giveaways, and sales. Use code "ANDERS" for 10% off your order today. Have a fabulous day!

Instagram: @andersattic


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe