Christmas Vacation Part Two

On Friday we sent my parents to the Children's Museum with the grandkids so we kids could finish taking pictures for their Anniversary surprise. We were recreating pictures from our childhood and I don't know which was more fun...taking the pics and reminiscing or my parents' reaction to them! And oh man, the style and clothes from the 90s/early 2000s. Yikes! But we got them all done and had a blast doing it. They turned out pretty dang good!







That night we went and played whirlyball. If y'all haven't heard of whirlyball, you should google it! It's basically bumper cars + lacrosse + basketball. Shawn's brother and parents were able to join us as well and we had so much fun! I definitely recommend it for a family outing.








Saturday we went indoor skydiving. I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being one of my favorite parts of the trip! That feeling of falling and the rush it gives you...without the risk of dying is awesome haha! And the best part? My little five year old nephew did it too. Pretty much the cutest thing ever!







After skydiving we went to lunch and that's when we surprised our parents and told them we were sending them to Reunion Tower downtown for dinner to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. They had no clue and we couldn't wait to send the photo album with them to open while they ate. They got some pretty good laughs! I'm so grateful for my parents and the love they show one another. They're a great example of a strong, loving marriage! Cheers to 30 more years! 



On Sunday we went to church as a whole family for the first time in quite awhile and it was so nice to be all together again. After church we began to ring in the new year! We made food....so much food. But what's a New Year's party without food, am I right?! Most of my family aren't night owls, but we managed to eat, play games, and chat until the clock strut midnight. We had Martinelli's, toasted to the new year, then peaced-out for bed! 



New Year's day my grandma and sister flew home and everyone had errands to run, so Shawn and I snuck out to go look at housing and potential neighborhoods in the suburbs of Dallas. We started in Prosper and worked our way down to McKinney and Frisco. For not having mountains, those areas were still really beautiful. We were definitely blown away by the size of house you can get for your money! Boston has ruined us...everything seems cheaper compared to here!

Monday night we played my nephew's new favorite game, Pie Face. He loved it...my other little nephew...not so much! We all got pie in the face except my mom. How'd she manage that? The next morning, everyone except Shawn and I left. We just spent our last day there enjoying time with our nephews and niece and looking at some more neighborhoods. And of course, we had to get some Pei Wei for dinner before we left!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe