Small Shop Wednesday: Six Twenty Two


Happy Wednesday!


I absolutely love doing these small shop features and spreading love and support to other boss ladies like myself! This week’s feature is about a cute Etsy shop called SixTwenty Two and the creator Audrey. She is so sweet and a pleasure to work with.


Meet Audrey!




WHAT IS YOUR JOB // CAREER // MOMLIFE?
I am a stay at home mom who turned her hobby or making home décor into a small business


WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS NAME?
Six Twenty Two


WHAT IS YOUR WEBSITE?
www.etsy.com/shop/sixtwentytwo


WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS ALL ABOUT?
I want to make your house more like a home by filling it with some of your favorite things


WHY DID YOU START YOUR BUSINESS?
I started my business because I was a stay at home mom who felt like I was losing myself. I have always loved to draw, to cook, to build, to CREATE. It’s what I’m most passionate about, but I got so caught up in the day to day duties of mom and wife that “mom & wife” is all I became and I lost sight of who I once was. I forgot my passions. I forgot my ambitions. I forgot goals that I had made long ago. I mean, I even forgot how to enjoy myself when I wasn’t being a mother or a wife. I wanted to find myself again and there were two things I have ALWAYS loved doing since I was a teen. Interior design and crafting. That’s when I started creating again and thought how can I combine the two things I love to do most? That’s when Six Twenty Two was born. It has changed my life for the better in ways I never imagined possible. I am a better mother to my child and a better wife to my husband because I’m no longer trying to fit in this image of what the perfect mother should be. I hope through this hobby-turned-business that I’m able to inspire others and show them that with hard work, consistency  and lots of coffee, any dream of theirs is possible.


TELL US ABOUT YOU!
I am Audrey! I’m a mother to a beautiful little girl and wife to the most hard working (not to mention supportive) man I know. I grew up on a 25 acre horse ranch my grandpa ran which is probably why I myself am such a workaholic. My dad and my grandpa were always working and they both taught my brothers and I that nothing is given, it’s earned. I was raised in California and resided there for most of my life. At 18, I got a job at Best Buy and actually stayed with them for almost eight years but left after having my daughter to stay home with her. When my daughter was about six months old, my husband came home from work (also works at Best Buy) and said “What do you think about moving to Georgia?” Crazy right?! And here we are now! We have been here for three years and have loved everything about this gorgeous state so far! No plans to leave anytime soon.


WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE?
“Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands”
Thessalonians 4:11


WHAT MOTIVATES YOU AND GETS YOU OUT OF BED EACH DAY?
My passion. Even when I’m sick, I’m working. I can’t NOT work. It’s simply because I LOVE what I do and it is so true. When you truly love what you do, it never feels like work.


HOW DO YOU BALANCE HOME AND WORK LIFE?
This is one of my areas of opportunity. I currently struggle with balancing work and home life. I guess if I had a workshop or something outside of my home, it’d be a little easier (let’s be real, probably not) but I run my business out of my home. It’s tough, but sometimes, as hard as it is for me, I just have to step away from the paint brushes, the computer or the power tools and get out of the house. That’s how I’d say I balance it…forcing myself out of my own home! Sometimes my husband even has to say “Hey we’re going out so go get ready” and he even forces me out of the house. So like I said, area of opportunity for me!


WHAT IS YOUR INSTAGRAM HANDLE?
@six.twenty.two


WHAT’S A GOAL YOU HAVE FOR NEXT YEAR?
My 2018 goal has actually already been achieved just this past week which was to make it onto Amazon! I’m not working on getting my inventory there, but my products will be available on Amazon starting in January! So new goal? My own space outside of my home would be A-MAZING!


ANY ADVICE FOR OTHER SMALL SHOP OWNERS?
You are going to have a long and tough road ahead, but if your dreams don’t scare you they aren’t big enough. You are going to want to quite on more occasions than you’ll like to admit, but I will say that the majority of my success has come right after I felt like I seriously couldn’t do this anymore. There is always room for improvement no matter how good you are or how good you think things are going. If you need help, ASK. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve felt like I’m all alone in this, but I really wasn’t. I was just afraid to admit that I needed help. So many people are willing to help, you just need to open the door. If you ever feel like it’s getting to be too much, go for a walk. Even if it’s just around the block. Fresh air always helps clear my mind. And last but not least, know your worth. Don’t sell yourself short!


I got this adorable sign from Six Twenty Two and I love it! Audrey is so talented! I chose this sign because I love the movie “Elf” and this is one of my favorite quotes. Every Christmas growing up, this quote could be heard at least a dozen times in my house! Best Christmas movie ever.


The quality of the sign is great! I can tell she puts a lot of time and effort into her products and uses high quality materials. The sign is super sturdy and the paint is on really good. Such a cute addition to my décor!


Audrey is the epitome of following your heart and chasing your dreams! She is such an inspiration to all us boss ladies out there! I had so much fun getting to know her and what makes her business unique. I hope you all enjoyed the post and happy Wednesday!


Be sure to follow Six Twenty Two for updates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe