Florals & Confidence



Today's post is mainly about this adorable dress! But I also want to briefly discuss self-confidence and how we can choose to be happy and positive in our lives!

Ok, so I LOVE THIS DRESS! It's one of many that I've bought from Roolee Boutique, a cute little shop a friend introduced me to this summer. They always have adorable items, great sales, and almost everything is modest! 



The first thing I love about this dress is the sleeves! They are a great length and have a little bit of a flare. One of the reasons I was drawn to this dress is because of the cut, style, and how it hangs on the body.




Let's talk about the high-low portion of this dress! It's also very flattering, fun and flirty. Most high-low skirts and dresses are SUPER high in the front so needless to say I was excited when I came across this dress and saw that it came to about the top of the knee! It hangs well and I was surprised that it was actually long enough on me and didn't hit me at that awkward in between long/short spot haha!


 You probably all know this by now, but these shoes are some of my favorite! I got them from Target a couple months ago for like $10! I guess there is one bonus to having huge feet...the size 10 shoes are always leftover and marked down! Anyways, the clearance shoes section is one of the best spots in the store and I check it every time I walk into a Target!

I didn't pair this with any accessories other than sunglasses so the focus would stay on the dress and remain simple. But you could easily pair this with a dainty gold necklace (bar or charm)! You could also grab a clutch bag, throw on a cute gold watch, or put on a pair of dangly earrings. The pattern of the dress is so beautiful and draws the attention, so I wouldn't go too crazy with accessories! 

Dress - Roolee
Shoes - Target
Sunglasses - Primark


Now, onto the more important part of this post...confidence! If you're like me, or any other human on the planet, you've either struggled with self-confidence at some point in your life or are struggling with it now. For me, it's happening now. Let's tackle one issue at a time. Ok so for example, I don't love being photographed. But I recently decided to get out of my comfort zone and try something new! As I look at myself in pictures, I tend to be my own worst critic. Again, most of us fall prey to this at some point in our lives. So I thought about ways that I can counteract that negativity and help build myself up and this is what I came up with:

1. MENTALLY - For every negative thought I think about myself when I see a picture, I have to name one thing I love about myself in that picture. WE NEED MORE POSITIVITY AND FAR LESS NEGATIVITY! 

2. PHYSICALLY - If I see something about my body in a picture that I'm uncomfortable with and can change, I make a goal of how I'm going to fix it. Whether it be exercise more, eat a little better, or cut out one unhealthy thing in my life. MAKE A GOAL AND STICK TO IT!

Lastly, an awesome quote about being confident, being you, and loving it! If you love yourself and are happy with who you are, the rest will fall into place.  

"WORRY ABOUT LOVING YOURSELF, INSTEAD OF LOVING THE IDEA OF OTHER PEOPLE LOVING YOU."

Happy Tuesday!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe