Fall Bucket List & Brooksby Farm


Happy Friday! 


Today I'm talking all about my Fall Bucket List and the first two things I checked off of it! 

I started this list so that I would be motivated to do fun things this fall, but also so I would get some service and volunteering in! 


Yesterday I went to Brooksby Farm in a little town just north of Boston and checked off "Eat An Apple Cider Donut" and "Visit A Farm" from my list! This is the cutest farm and orchard! The colors were beautiful and their donuts are perfection! They also have a TON of jams, jellies, and BBQ sauces for sale. Of course, I had to try one! I went with a jar of "Cranberry Pepper Jelly" and it did not disappoint! We took it over to our friends' house last night and it was a huge hit! We spread plain cream cheese on thin round crackers and topped them off with the jelly. So freakin' good!





Ok so I just want to talk really quick about some of the other things on my Fall Bucket List...

1. Make a "Thankful" List
I think this is such a great thing to do in the fall, especially around Thanksgiving! It allows us to reflect on all of the blessings, big and small, in our lives. More often than not, writing down and visualizing the things we are thankful for helps us step back from our crazy lives and really appreciate how blessed we are!

2. Volunteer at a Food Bank
With all of the hurricanes, natural disasters, and random acts of violence going on in the world today, I feel like volunteering to help those in need is the least I can do! I have been blessed by so many others throughout my life and it feels good to give back. "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." I love that scripture! And I love doing service for others, it's a simple way to show our love and live like Christ. I'm surprising my hubby for his birthday in a few weeks...we're going to volunteer at the Greater Boston Food Bank for a few hours!

For anyone local, here's the link to sign up for GBFB if you're interested!

3. Watch Hocus Pocus
This is like a right of passage! Everyone should see this movie at least once in their life! It's a classic Fall movie. I'm hoping to check this item off my bucket list this weekend with my hubby...we'll see how that goes!!

Ok, that's enough from me. Enjoy your Fri-yay and have a fantastic weekend!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe