A Little Getaway


Last week, Shawn and I snuck away to Dallas. The weather was perfect and we had a blast! We flew in Saturday night and couldn't wait to see all our nieces and nephews! I swear, they are the cutest!  



My sister and her husband went on a cruise so my mom and I were watching the kids for the week. Shawn ended up being able to come with me so he could look into some dental offices and try to nail down a job for when he graduates....in less than eight months!!! I can't even tell you guys how excited I am! 




On Sunday we went to church and can I just say that church is so much longer with kids!! I, as an adult, have a hard time sitting through three hours of church sometimes...I couldn't imagine being a toddler who has to sit still and be quiet when all I want to do is play and run wild haha! But we survived. Thank goodness for primary and nursery! 




After church, Shawn's brother and his family came over to my sister's house for dinner. After some delicious tacos, all of the kids played and wore each other out. It was so great being able to spend time with both sides of the family together...makes things a lot easier!

Monday morning Shawn visited a couple of practices and Andersen went to school, so naturally my mom and I loaded up the two littles and went shopping! One of the things I LOVE about Texas is that there is literally every store and restaurant you could possible want (minus Cafe Rio) close by. There are rows and rows of strip malls with some of my faves like Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, and more. There are restaurants that the east coast has probably never even heard of and frankly are missing out on! Pei Wei, Costa Vida, Raising Cane's, you name it. Texans love their fried chicken and their home decor stores! Which is great in my book ❤️



On Tuesday Camden had "Soccer Shots" and it was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time! That poor coach...trying to teach a bunch of two year olds how to play soccer. I was laughing so hard! They all kept running away, picking up the ball with their hands, and playing tag haha! Good thing it was only 30 minutes because I don't think the guy could've handled any more. 






Since Cam worked so hard at soccer, we decided some donuts were in order! We stopped by Hurts Donut Co...best decision of the day. These donuts will change ya life! Of course we had to get a bunch and try 'em all. We got a Maple Bacon Bar (first time ever trying it....so good!), an Oreo Cheesecake donut, a PB Cup donut, a Red Velvet donut, a Churro donut, a Salted Caramel donut, and a Moose Tracks donut. All of them were good, but my favorite by far was the Salted Caramel! So good! Cam and little Colbie LOVED the donuts and couldn’t get enough...but it’s sugar so I shouldn’t be surprised! We saved some for Anders for when he got home from school and he asked if he’d be able to try every flavor and tell us which one was his favorite haha!










On Wednesday Shawn and I took Cam out for ice cream and to look at houses with us while Anders was in school and Colbie was sleeping. He downed the M&M Blizzard we got and probably could have had a ton more. That kid loves ice cream! After driving around for a bit and taking notes on neighborhoods we liked, we headed back to my sister’s. Shawn had to head to the airport and catch his flight. None of us, but especially Cam, wanted him to leave. Those two are best buds!

That night Anders had soccer practice and it was such a nice night so we all went to watch! I took Cam over to the playground to get some of his wiggles out. That kid has so much energy and is always making me laugh! 






On Thursday, my mom and I took the two little ones shopping and met up with my sister-in-law and her youngest son. We went to a bunch of stores and just enjoyed some time out and letting the kids play. Then we went to on of my favorite restaurants, Pei Wei! Basically the fast food version of PF Chang’s. Yes please!! That night Cam and Anders wanted to jump on the trampoline so I grabbed Colbie, put her in her bouncer on the back porch, and we got to jumpin’! I was planning on working out later when the kids went to bed, but that ended up being my workout. They had me giving them piggy back rides and chasing them around the trampoline! We did some dog piles, played crack the egg, and did some “bum bouncing”. Quite an entertaining night!




Friday morning when the the kiddos woke up, Grandpa (my dad) was there! Anders got to skip school and play hooky all day so we decided to go to the rec center and swim. We had so much fun! And honestly, a picture is worth a thousand words so here ya go!















Friday night we went to Rain Forest Cafe for dinner. Anders loved it. Colbie loved it. Cam...not so much! The animals and loud storms scared him pretty bad. It took a balloon parrot, pizza and lots of soothing to call him down. Poor guy! 






Saturday morning Anders had a soccer game at 8:00am. So early! But it was worth it to see his game. He’s so cute! Watching Mini Mod is always a bit rough because they just play chase the ball, but it was awesome getting to support my little buddy! They didn’t have any subs so he had to play the whole game and he was super sweaty at the end! We told him he had to go home and shower, so during the car ride home he kept saying “Ooh I’m not sweaty anymore so I don’t need a shower” haha! Well, he ended up taking a shower anyways! Then we all played and built LEGOs until it was time for me to go to the airport. 








I always hate saying goodbye to these little munchkins! It’s so hard. Good thing we’ll all be together again at Christmas!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe