Shawn's Birthday...Better Late Than Never



Shawn's birthday was about a month ago, but we did so many fun things that I had to write about it! By some miracle, Shawn's parents and I were able to keep a secret and surprise Shawn! His dad flew out Friday morning and Shawn had no idea until we showed up at the airport. They were both so excited to spend the weekend together!

When Lenny first got into to town we headed over to PF Chang's for some lunch...man we love that place! Then we checked out the "Cheers" bar and went to "Mike's Pastry" for some dessert. 


After we were beyond full we headed home to relax and catch up until dinner. We went to a Brazilian restaurant called "Braza" which is one of Shawn's favorites. I'm always up for some delicious meats!


I had been asking Shawn for a few weeks what type of cake he wanted me to make him and I never got an answer so I said "Ok, I'll just pick one and you'll like it!" Haha! So I ended up making a gluten-free Better Than Sex cake with Heath pieces on top and it was so freakin' good! I made enough that we had it every night that weekend.

Saturday morning Shawn and Lenny went to work on our car while I stayed home and also worked. Poor guys...it rained all day, but they were troopers and got it done! By the time they got home they were soaking wet and starving, so they got cleaned up and ate some dinner before we headed down to Connecticut for the new temple open house. 

The Hartford, CT temple is SO BEAUTIFUL! It had been a long time since I'd been to a temple open house and I'm so glad we went! It always amazes how good a job they do with every little detail...from the artwork, to the trim, the lighting...it's all so perfect!


We had a great weekend with Lenny and like always, it went by way too fast! We were so grateful that he made the effort to come out and that we got to see some family. It helped us get through until Thanksgiving when we'll see more family members :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe