A Weekend in Dallas


Last weekend Shawn and I had the opportunity to fly to Dallas for a few days and we had a blast! 

We flew in Friday morning and my mom, Aleah (sister), and Andersen (nephew) picked us up at the airport. Anders really wanted to go to the Lego store so we all stopped at a mall on the way back to Kaylyn and Garett's house. He also wanted to ride the Carousel and somehow convinced Auntie Lexi to ride with him haha! The kid is hilarious and I love him to pieces!!


We then headed to Kaylyn and Garett's place where we hung out and caught up with everyone until dinner. Shawn and I were so excited to see Camden and meet little Miss Colbie! Nephews and nieces are seriously the best! 


For dinner we went to a place called "Babe's Chicken" and it was delicious! It was authentic Texas BBQ and I definitely ate too much. The best part though? I told our waitress it was Kaylyn's birthday and boy did they embarrass her haha! I had no idea what they were going to do to celebrate...but pictures don't even do it justice! She was such a good sport.



After dinner we headed back to the house and had Kaylyn's favorite dessert...THE Chocolate Cake from Costco (if you know what's good for you you'll know which cake I'm talking about haha)! Top it with fresh strawberries and it's perfect! Then Kaylyn opened her presents. We all got her gift cards to her favorite places, Garett got her a massage and hotel stay, and I made her a Harry Potter shirt. Great night! 


On Saturday Garett, Aleah, Shawn, Anders and I drove down to Six Flags in Arlington. Anders was in heaven! He loved all the kid rides and getting to hang out with us all. Since I had a bit of a head cold I got take it easy and ride the easier rides with him while the other three went on the big coasters...like Titan...twice...that Aleah blacked out on...twice...and Garett filmed haha! So great!


Saturday night Shawn and I went to dinner for our anniversary. I can't believe we've been married for 5 years! Time is flying by. We went to a little authentic Mexican place called "Cristina's" and it was really good! We started a new tradition while we were waiting for our food to come. Each of us told the other five things we love about each other. Next year would be six, then seven, and so on. It was really nice to stop and think about specific reasons why I love Shawn and also to hear the things he loves most about me. I know it sounds cheesy and cliche, but sometimes those are the things that bring two people the closest! 


Sunday morning we went to church with everybody then we all crashed on the couch and watched "Blended". We played with the boys and just chilled for a bit before Shawn and I went for a drive. We wanted to check out the area, good schools, nice places to live, etc in case Texas is where we end up. We really liked Plano, Murphy, and Frisco! We stopped by and saw Shawn's cousin and his family who live just outside of Dallas. It was fun to see them again and catch up after so many years!

On Monday we went into downtown Dallas to check it out and do some site seeing. We stopped at a fun little water park that Anders and Cam LOVED! They got soaked, but it probably felt good since it was super hot out...I should have joined them! After the park we got some amazing burgers and fries at "Hopdoddy". I totally recommend this place. Their Parmesan Fries are amazing! We had some time to kill after lunch so we hit up the Dallas Farmer's Market. It was a lot like the Chelsea Market in New York. So cool! They're these big warehouse type buildings that have been redone in a sort of modern/chic/rustic way and have a bunch of shops and food vendors inside. We got some delicious Caramel Popcorn from a little shop called "Doc Popcorn" and took it with us for the plane ride home. 


It was SO HARD to say goodbye and we weren't ready to go home, but we had a flight to catch. Anders cried when I was hugging him and it about broke my heart. I love those little guys so much and we such a good weekend! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe