Wow I haven’t written in three months…that’s terrible! Since it’s been so long I’m just going to do some highlights instead of playing catch up.


March:
- Shawn got to go to Dallas for a week with some classmates. He attended a dental conference, did some site seeing, ate amazing food, and had a blast!
- My birthday weekend was a blast! Shawn made me breakfast in bed and put up the coolest Star Wars birthday banner (does my husband know me or what?!)
- Shawn has done a lot of traveling lately for his position as Legislative Liaison for the school. He went to Chicago last October, then Dallas at the beginning of March, Vermont right after my birthday, and he’ll go to DC in the beginning of April. I’m so happy that he gets to go to all these cool places (most of which I’ve never been to) and experience them, but I wish I got to go with him!



April:
- Shawn traveled to DC for school and got to see the Cherry Blossom Festival, the Lincoln Memorial, the White House, and a bunch of neat things there!
- Over Patriot’s Day weekend, Shawn and I had so much fun! We went to Six Flags, rented a nice hotel room, saw Batman V Superman, ate amazing sushi and fried rice, went for a bike/rollerblade ride along the ocean boardwalk, and did some shopping. It was a nice relaxing weekend since neither of us had work or school!
- The next weekend was another super fun date night! We went to the temple, ate dinner at Burger Dive (my fave burger place…BEST sweet potato fries ever!), and then watched a movie. Most of what we do is low-key…we’re both home-bodies and movie-lovers so we’re completely content staying home, lounging in sweats, and popping in a good movie! It’s probably because we’re both so busy during the week, that the weekend just screams, “CHILL!”



May:
- Shawn has been asking me forever to go golfing with him! I’ve always had the excuse that I had to work, but since I’m trying to “stay on top of things” more, my work was done haha. So last weekend I went golfing for the first time! I can think of three words to describe the experience perfectly. AWKWARD. HILARIOUS. ENTERTAINING. It’s very awkward to swing a golf club after hitting things higher/above your head for most of your life (volleyball, softball). From head to toe, you have to remember so many dang things at once: feet shoulder width apart with toes pointing straight (apparently I like to stand like a platypus when I golf!), knees bent like you could sit on a chair but shouldn’t, back nice and tall but relaxed, arms straight but not locked, head looking down at the ball not at where you want it to go, and my personal favorite….DON’T STAND UP ON YOUR BACK SWING! I had to just tell Shawn I was going to work on one thing for the day and get that down before I went completely CRAZY! I asked Shawn to take some pictures of me swinging so I could see what I looked like and what I needed to do differently. Oh man it was hilarious! Needless to say, golf definitely does not come naturally to me. And I’m sure while I was having this internal struggle with myself (do I look like a natural or do I look like an idiot? Am I having fun? Am I embarrassing myself?) Shawn was getting his daily dose of entertainment! I was very proud of myself and would say the day was successful…I didn’t throw any of the clubs, I only swore once, and Shawn I and were still on speaking terms by the end!



The reason I haven’t blogged in such a long time is because life has been crazy! It’s been a fun past few months, but also a crazy past few months! I hope the upcoming months allow me to keep up a bit more! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe