Birthday Shenanigans

 
It was my friend's birthday a couple weeks ago and we decided to go out and celebrate all weekend! On Friday I took her to Olive Garden for lunch and it was so good! It had been awhile since I'd been there and I had forgotten how amazing their breadsticks are. I always go there with good intentions to have a max of 2 breadsticks...that lasts about 5 minutes (the time we walk in the door until they actually bring the breadsticks to the table ha!)

After a delicious lunch, we headed over to Franklin Park Zoo. I was really excited to check it out because it's where the movie The Zookeeper was filmed so I was curious to see if I recognized any sites. I'm happy to report that I did recognize a few! It was fun to walk around and see all the animals and get some fresh air. Best part of the zoo though?! My friend Brittney rode a camel! It was funny how excited she was! She loved every minute of it and I get plenty of pictures to prove it :)


When we went to see the gorillas we were a bit disappointed at first. They seemed to be hiding or sleeping in the shade somewhere because it was so hot! But we waited around a little bit to see if they would come out and they did. There were a bunch and they definitely put on a show. The biggest one, a male, was huge! He was sitting in a shallow bucket with his back to us, arms folded across his chest with a grumpy pout on his face. Finally he stood up and we thought he was going to turn around so we could see him, but he just stood there with one foot in the bucket and one out...probably hoping we'd go away. But I was determined to get a picture of this big fella! After what seemed like forever, he turned to face us and sat down in the bucket again with his arms folded. It was so funny. I started taking pictures and he began to pose. He put his hand on his face and tilted his head. It's crazy how human-like they act. Pretty soon, they were all posing and doing funny things for the camera! It was quite the site.
 

That night after the zoo, we went to the Red Sox vs. Mariners baseball game with our hubbies. It was a blast! I didn't know who to root for...my home team, or my new team??! I was just glad it was a good, fun game to watch. The Red Sox played amazing! It was home run after home run and one great play after the next. Good food, good company, and a good game made for the perfect night!


On Saturday, Brittney and I spent the day at IKEA! I seriously love this store and love that there is one so close. We did some shopping, some eating, and some chatting. It was the perfect combo and the perfect end to a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe