It's Been A Couple Weeks of Excitement & Fun!

These past couple of weeks have been great!  We've had a lot of fun and exciting news, events, and achievements.

1.  Shawn's parents are coming to visit in 46 days and have officially booked their flights!  

2.  Shawn got elected as the Vice Chair of Ethics & Professionalism and is so excited to start getting more involved!

3.  Shawn's siblings all sent us a sweet Easter package in the mail!  His family has a ton of Easter traditions and since we couldn't be there with all of them, they sent us everything so we could do it out here.  Egg coloring kits, plastic eggs and candy for a hunt, baskets, and the cutest notes and cards.  Such a sweet surprise :)


4.  My sister Kaylyn and brother-in-law Garett just told us that they're moving to Dallas, TX next summer!  I'm so excited for them.  I'll for sure miss seeing them as much when we go home, but we are hoping to end up in Texas too so maybe we'll overlap for awhile!

5.  I had another birthday and it was a blast!  Shawn, my friends, and family spoiled me!  My friends threw me a surprise party.  I seriously had no idea.  They pulled it off well.  We had a yummy lunch and cake and just hung out.  My family sent me a great birthday package in the mail and I love it!  It had perfume, workout clothes, the comfiest PJ pants, jewelry, some money, and the sweetest cards!  Shawn and I went to dinner at a restaurant downtown called Estragon.  I really wanted Baskin Robbins on the way home so we navigated to one, but it was out of business :(  I was so sad, but we went to the grocery store and bought Snickers Ice Cream Bars so the world was right again! (Oh and my sassy 2 1/2 year old friend brought me flowers!)


6.  We got to watch some of my family's old home videos with my family via Skype!  It was so funny (and embarrassing) to watch me as a kid...and for Shawn to see ha!  Man I was chubby!!!!


7.  April Fool's Day was so fun this year because we actually pranked each other!  For my prank, I had someone Shawn didn't know text him about his Tinder account and ask him if he wanted to meet up for dinner.  He responds, "What the heck??!  Who signed me up for this??!"  I figured I better tell him it was a joke before he went on a rampage and accused all his friends up setting him up on Tinder.  Shawn got me good!  So I totally forgot about April Fool's the rest of the day and that night, he's back in my office studying and he says, "Uh, Lex?  I don't know what is happening to your computer, but it's got the blue screen of death on it!"  (The blue screen of death is that screen that pops of on a computer when it can't start properly or is wigging out bad!)  I started to panic and ran back there, thinking the whole time that this is a brand new computer and can't be happening! So I get back there and start looking at the screen and trying to fix it.  Shawn just gets this huge grin on his face and me, being as gullible and ditsy as I am, didn't know why he was grinning.  He's like "April Fool's!!!!!" Oh man was I frustrated! He almost gave me a heart attack.  Good job babe, well played...

8.  BEST FOR LAST....SHAWN SHAVED HIS MUSTACHE OFF!  Him and his friend did "Mustache March" and it about killed me and my face!  Kissing a man with a mustache hurts and I don't know how some woman do it!  Needless to say, I was super happy when he shaved it off last night.  He's so funny...he decided to make a mustache "llama" out of the hair and we photographed it haha.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe