Christmas Movie List + Ratings and Reviews



Where all my Christmas Movie watchin' gals at?! I remember when Hallmark pretty much had a monopoly on holiday movies, but since then networks and services like Netflix and Lifetime having really stepped up their game. Yes, most of them have the same cheesy story line and sappy happy ending...but I'm totally a sucker for them! 

I got the idea from one of my favorite blogger gals, Bre Sheppard, to post my holiday movie list on Instagram stories and figured I would do a more expansive version on here for y'all. So I've listed all of the Christmas movies I've watched, what network they can be found on and then rated them out of five stars. Please take my reviews and ratings with a grain of salt, as I'm sure y'all may not agree with me on some of them. 

What My Ratings Are Based On

1. Do I like the actors/characters? Do they have chemistry?
2. Was the acting good or way too cheesy?
3. Were the supporting characters good or did they take away from the movie?
4. Did the storyline hold my interest? Was it believable? Did it make sense?
5. Were the sets, props and scenes well done or cheap looking?


My Highest Rated Go-To Holiday Movies

I'm honestly kind of surprised that I didn't have more of the higher ratings since I love these movies so much haha. But one of my all time favorites is "Holiday in Handcuffs" (Freeform) starring Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez which got ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ from me!! It's adorable! The main actress is perfect for this role and had really good chemistry with Lopez. Here's a little synopsis for you:
"A struggling artist working as waitress loses her boyfriend and flunks a job interview. Feeling like a failure, and with the pressures of an intimate family Christmas approaching, she determines to bring home the perfect boyfriend - even if it's a federal offence."

Another high rated fave is "Christmas with the Kranks" (Netflix) starring Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis which also got ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. Oh my gosh I laughed so hard watching this movie!! It also has plenty of tender-hearted moments, sure to make you feel good and help you get in the Christmas spirit.
"Finally alone for the holidays, Luther and Nora Krank plan to eschew the Christmas traditions and take a cruise in the Caribbean instead. This doesn't sit well with their Christmas-obsessed neighbors, who are determined to win the annual 'best decorated street' competition, and the Kranks soon find themselves social outcasts because of their lack of Christmas spirit."

Here's my list sorted from highest rating to lowest. Enjoy!!


A Christmas Prince (Netflix) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - The actors were both great and I feel like they had pretty good chemistry. The supporting actors were also great and complimented the story nicely. The story was fairly believable and kept me interested the whole time. 

Time for Me to Come Home for Christmas (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - This movie was adorable! Both of the leads were great, the supporting cast was good and the plot had a really good message!

Poinsettias for Christmas (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Haley James Scott anyone?! I love her and the male lead was fantastic too. I feel like they grounded the movie, made it more realistic and brought the spirit of Christmas through genuine acting. Great storyline as well!

Road to Christmas (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Anyone else love how many actors from One Tree Hill have been in holiday movies lately?! Me!! This one had Chad Michael Murray in it and let's be honest, he's so good! The female lead is adorable and they had great chemistry. I really liked the family centered theme of the movie as well. Super cute movie!

The Christmas Cottage (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - This movie made me wish the two lead actors were dating in real life! That's how good their on screen chemistry was. The plot was simple, realistic and light-hearted.

Snowed-Inn Christmas (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Miss Haley James is in this one too and the male lead (Andrew Walker) is also one of my faves. They worked so well together and were a believable couple. The supporting cast was ok, nothing special but they didn't necessarily take away from the movie. The historical/writing plot made it neat too!

The Spirit of Christmas (Netflix) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - I think with any other lead actors this movie may have been a flop, but these two had such a good connection. Their acting really made the movie genuine and kept it from being too cheesy. Plus, it has flashbacks to the past and a mystery type vibe so it's different than most of the other holiday movies.

Christmas at the Palace (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - The lead actress is so great! I watched her and the lead male on one of my favorite shows and really liked them both. Their chemistry was great, the plot was fairly unique and sets were really well done.

Mingle All the Way (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - I like how this movie was tech based and revolved around an app that a successful business woman created. The two main actors were great and they had very obvious chemistry. It addressed several real life issues and stayed firmly grounded in reality. So cute!


A Christmas in Tennessee (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Really good actors, decent storyline and kept me interested.

The Princess Switch (Netflix) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - I don't love the female lead, but really love the male lead so I kept watching. The plot is awesome though!

The Christmas Contract (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - There were a lot of people from One Tree Hill so that's why I watched it and it turned out to be surprisingly decent!

Sweet Mountain Christmas (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - The female lead is cute and has a super sweet southern accent, but I don't feel like their was very much chemistry with the male lead. I did like the music based theme and supporting cast though!

Christmas Around the Corner (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Monique from 'She's the Man' anyone?! Once I saw past that, this movie turned out to be pretty cute. The literary/bookstore vibe was great, but I didn't love the male lead.

The Mistle-Tones (Freeform) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - I am fully aware that people may disagree with me on this one and think it's awful, but hear me out! Tia Mowry is great! She's likable, adorable and meshes well with everyone else in the movie. The male lead is super cute and has good chemistry with Mowry. There are definitely cheesy, over the top parts...but they're pretty laughable so just roll with them! It's super light-hearted, but also has tender moments of loss and what it means to be a family.

My Christmas Love (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - My sister in law is actually in this movie so it was super fun to watch! She plays a bridesmaid at the end. If it weren't for that fact, I may have given this one two stars. The storyline was actually really creative and unique, but I didn't like the male lead, the female lead or the supporting male actor. So if you get to this one great, if not you aren't missing too much!

No Sleep 'Til Christmas (Freeform) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - I like how a real life husband and wife play in this movie together...so cute! They are both really good actors and that's why I gave this three stars. There were funny moments, but I have to admit that the storyline in this one is odd and semi-inappropriate, so it wasn't my fave.

A Veteran's Christmas (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - I had such high hopes for this movie! I really like Sean Faris and he had good chemistry with the female lead...but the writing in this movie was pretty bad. They had Faris saying terrible lines and the Aunt was way over the top cheesy. The plot was actually really good and unique, but I think the writing is what keeps it at the three star mark for me.

Christmas on the Bayou (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - I struggle big time with Tyler Hilton (the male lead) because he was a sort of villain in One Tree Hill and I couldn't stand him. But I really like Hilarie Burton (#teampeyton) so I watched it. It was charming and decent, but nothing special.

Merry & Bright (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - I also had big expectations for this movie because it's got one of my favorite male leads and Steph from 'Full House'! I like the family theme that's apparent throughout the movie, but there wasn't much chemistry between the two main actors. And the plot was cute, but not super original. It wasn't cringe-worthy by any means, definitely a simple watch.

Pride, Prejudice & Mistletoe (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Gretchen Wieners from 'Mean Girls'! She's hilarious and that's probably who I'll always see her as. I really like the male lead and the storyline, but the chemistry was so so. For that and good acting all around, I gave it three stars.

Hometown Christmas (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - This was such a cute story with good acting! It was simple and really showcased the true meaning of Christmas. The only reason it didn't score higher was because the lack of chemistry between the two leads.

Christmas Pen Pals (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Love Sarah Drew...but the male lead, not so much. I honestly can't even tell you why, he just bugs me. So setting that aside, the plot was original, most of the acting was great and it left me feeling happy. Win!


Christmas Cupid (Freeform) ⭐️⭐️ - Interesting storyline, ok acting. Only saving grace was Chad Michael Murray.

The Christmas Prince 2 (Netflix) ⭐️⭐️ - Such a let down after the first one was so cute! The acting was still good, but I think the storyline felt a little forced. Definitely could have been better!

Magical Christmas Ornaments (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️ - Love the male lead, can't stand the female lead. The storyline was slow and boring. So I guess the overall good acting and decent sets and scenes are what gave it two stars instead of one.

Switched for Christmas (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️ - I really like Candace Cameron Bure in 'Full House' and as a person, but for some reason she just didn't sell me on this. The acting overall was decent and the plot cute, but it just didn't really hold my attention.

Finding Santa (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️ - Speaking of 'Full House', this one's got Steph in it. She isn't terrible and I like the male lead, but I didn't feel the chemistry there and the storyline was a bit odd.

Last Chance for Christmas (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️ - Hilarie Burton was pretty good, but I don't care for the male lead...at all. It was super cheesy and the plot was written for a 5 year old.

Fir Crazy (Hallmark) ⭐️⭐️ - The two leads were good, even though their chemistry was just ok. The 'villain' was not believable, the supporting cast wasn't great and it didn't keep me interested.

Flight Before Christmas (Lifetime) ⭐️⭐️ - I wanted to like this one, but I can't take Amy from 'Big Bang Theory' seriously in anything haha. The male lead was good, but the chemistry just wasn't there.


Christmas Lost & Found (Lifetime) ⭐️ - No chemistry between the leads, mediocre acting and big holes in the plot.

The Perfect Christmas Present (Hallmark) ⭐️ - Weird storyline, didn't love the female lead and didn't keep my interest.

A Twist of Christmas (Lifetime) ⭐️ - Wish I could get my two hours back. No chemistry between the characters, really odd  plot and totally unbelievable.

My Christmas Prince (Lifetime) ⭐️ - Terrible acting and boring. I couldn't finish it.

Christmas With a View (Netflix) ⭐️ - Mediocre acting, slow storyline and just blah.



A Merry Christmas Match (Hallmark)
A Very Vintage Christmas (Lifetime)
Write Before Christmas (Hallmark)
A Sweet Christmas Romance (Lifetime)
Random Acts of Christmas (Lifetime)
A Homecoming for the Holidays (Hallmark)
Christmas Wonderland (Hallmark)
The Christmas Temp (Lifetime)
Grounded for Christmas (Lifetime)
Twinkle All the Way (Lifetime)
Once Upon a Christmas Miracle (Hallmark)
Noelle (Disney+)
Christmas in Louisiana (Lifetime)

Well, that's it! Hope this is helpful and that you all have as much fun watching these holiday movies as I did!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe