What's Up Wednesday

Happy Wednesday Y'all!



You guessed it, time for another round of What's Up Wednesday with my girls Shay, Sheaffer, and Mel. Here's a sneak peek at the craziness that is called my life!!


What we're eating this week:
I was totally feelin' some soup this week, so we're giving this Ham and Potato Chowder a try! As well as this Healthy Turkey Chili! Yay! If you want other recommendations, I wrote a whole post about fall soups here.

Healthy Turkey Chili - Ambitious Kitchen
Ham and Potato Corn Chowder - Closet Cooking

What I'm reminiscing about:
Past Halloween costumes! I love that What's Up Wednesday this month is on Halloween! My husband and I have had some pretty epic costumes over the years. We love dressing up and challenging ourselves with new ideas each year. This year we are having a Halloween dinner with my sister and her family then taking her kids trick or treating. Check out my insta tonight to see what we dressed up as!

2017 - Struck By Lightning
2016 - Comic Book Superheroes
2013 - Zombies

What I'm loving:
The fall weather here in Dallas is unreal! Shawn and I went for a walk last night and it was 82 degrees! It's literally about 40 degrees warmer than where we were this time last year (*cough* Boston). I definitely don't miss the bone chilling weather of New England! Do you live where it's hot still or are you already freezing?!

The hubs and I enjoying the nice evening weather after a workout!

What we've been up to:
We've both been busy with work, but I've been making plenty of time for two super fun things right now: 1) my new planner obsession...I'm talking stickers galore (from Amazon) and getting mega organized with my Erin Condren LifePlanner! PSA: Erin Condren is having a Halloween Sale and everything is 20% off. Check it out fast because it ends tonight at 11:59pm! And 2) all things Christmas...how I want to decorate our new place, finally getting a tree since we'll be home for Christmas this year and what I want to do for people's gifts. I'm totally a planner, can ya tell? Are you a planner or more of a procrastinator? Hey, it's ok...we accept both kinds of people here haha. Here's my planner that I'm obsessed with and some sneak peeks of my Pinterest Christmas board!







What I'm dreading:
I'm not really dreading anything right now...this is the happiest time of the year and I love the holidays. Life is good!

What I'm excited about:
This time of year is the best! And living in a big city like Dallas means there's always something fun going on. I'm super excited about all of the holiday markets, events and shows that take place between now and the end of the year. It probably sounds crazy and immature, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Frozen on Ice! I'm such a kid at heart.

What I'm working on:
I've been working on my new Christmas Line for Lexi's Loft and I can't wait to show y'all the new designs!! The new line will feature everything from The Grinch and Harry Potter to Classic Christmas, Farmhouse Christmas and Funny Christmas. Who else is excited for the launch?!

What I'm watching:
Shawn and I started a new series called "The Rookie" and we've really been enjoying that! My personal current faves are Riverdale, DWTS and Last Man Standing. A little bit of drama, reality and comedy. Perfect combo! I'm also considering going back and watching a show all over from the beginning. I've narrowed it down to a few, but what would your vote be for? One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries or Hart of Dixie?



What I'm listening to:
I just checked out the audiobook version of "Matched" by Ally Condie and plan on starting it today! Have any of you read or listened to this book? How is it? It sounds like it's kind of a mix of the Divergent and the Selection series. Can't wait to dive in!


What I'm wearing:
Well it was sweater weather here in Dallas for a quick second, but now it's back up in the 70s and 80s so who knows?! Let's just say part of my morning routine every day is now checking the weather forecast so I know how to dress that day. I've been investing in some pieces that are good transition pieces like lighter weight sweaters, more distressed jeans that are breathable, open toe booties so my feet don't get too hot and things like that. Oh and I also just ordered this adorable leopard print Apple Watch band from Amazon (thanks @fashionablykay for the recommendation)!


What I'm doing this weekend:
Going to a holiday market! I love supporting small businesses, especially when they're local so I'm excited to see what this market has to offer. Shawn is working Saturday so maybe I'll do some Christmas shopping!

What I'm looking forward to next month:
I am so excited for Thanksgiving and I can't wait to spend it with family. My sister and her family live about 15 minutes away from us and we're getting together for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm in charge of pies so if you have any favorite recipes send them my way! (Bonus points if they're gluten free!)


What else is new:
Not much!

What's your favorite Halloween costume?
My favorite that I've personally worn has to be comic book Wonder Woman (pictured above)! It was so fun to be transformed and try something completely out of my comfort zone. I love how it turned out! In regards to other people, I love it when people have funny, original Halloween costumes. I love to laugh so if your costume is hilarious, I'm bound to love it!

Have a fabulous Wednesday and rest of the week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe