Eight Fall Date Night Ideas



HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!


If you're anything like me and my husband, Friday nights are date night! And for some reason that I can't explain, date nights in the fall are the best! Maybe it's because there's so much going on and so many fun festive activities to participate in. Who knows, but I love it! So I thought it'd be fun to make a list of fun fall date night ideas and share it with y'all.


Spend a Friday Night Under the Lights at a High School Football Game
Shawn and I went to a game here a couple weekends ago and it was so fun! High school football is a big deal here in Texas. The game was played at the Cowboys practice stadium and there were a ton of people in the stands. There's just something about the crisp fall air, the stadium lights and the support of a close knit community!


PC: Kara's Party Ideas
Grab a Blanket and Go Star Gazing
I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and the night skies up there are beautiful! I remember growing up I'd sleep on the trampoline in our backyard just to spend the night under the stars. Fall is the perfect time to grab a warm blanket and cozy up to your man while taking in all the pretty views! Bring some hot cocoa and the night will be even better. Here's a recipe for some yummy pumpkin (because pumpkin is pretty much my love language haha) hot cocoaThese are my new fave insulated tumblers that would be perfect to bring along! 

Go to a Corn Maze
I've been to a few corn mazes in my day, but only one that was haunted. That was my first and last...I hated it! A guy scared me so bad that I literally almost punched him in the face. But if having the crap scared out of you is your thing, then maybe check out a haunted corn maze. It's a good excuse to hold tight to you man and get some adrenaline pumping. If you prefer to have low blood pressure and avoid punching people, head to a regular corn maze for some romantic nighttime fun!

PC: Fun Cheap Or Free
Make Caramel Apples and Give Some Away
What better way to spend a Friday night...baking a delicious treat, spending time with your significant other and delivering a little batch of kindness to a neighbor?! Caramel apples are fairly easy to make as long as you get a good caramel recipe that will stay on the apples well, like this one. You could also add some cute tags like these before giving them to your friends and neighbors! So give it a try and go crazy with your toppings. The sky's the limit! 


PC: The Almond Eater
Host a Bon Fire with Friends
This is one of my favorite fall activities! Being outside, snuggled in a cozy sweater, sitting by a nice warm fire in the autumn air. Add s'mores and friends to the mix...gold! And don't be afraid to get creative with your s'mores. This pumpkin version (pictured above) looks so tasty! But I would obviously make them outside on a fire. Yum!



Have a Scary Movie Marathon
As I mentioned above, I'm not a big fan of being scared, but sometimes I make exceptions. For instance, I love watching Hocus Pocus every year and that's about as scary as I do. My husband is the same way, but we do watch "thriller" movies that aren't super gory or intense. So here's an awesome list of movies that aren't too scary to watch this fall! If you want scarier horror type movies just look for a good list on Pinterest. Make some popcorn, grab a blanket and snuggle up!


PC: The Faux Martha
Bake Apple Cider Donuts Together
Have y'all tried apple cider donuts?! The first time I had one was at a farm just outside of Boston a couple years ago. They are amazing! I'm not normally a donut fan, but these are subtly spiced, fluffy bites of heaven. They're not overly sugary and have just the right amount of apple. If you don't already have a recipe, you can try this one out! Plus, baking together means spending time together. Win win! 



Go to a Pumpkin Patch then Get Carving!
Pumpkin patches are the cutest! I grew up going to one with my parents and sisters where we all got to pick out our own pumpkins. Then we'd take them home and carve them together. This is such a fun, wholesome activity that encourages spending quality time together outdoors. If you're up for a challenge, save the seeds from your pumpkins and try out a new recipe with them!

I hope you enjoyed this post and are feeling mad inspired to have some fun with your man this fall! Date nights have been such an important thing in our marriage. They've helped us prioritize one another, draw closer together, strengthen our relationship and get out of the house to do fun things on the weekend! Happy Friday and happy fall! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe