Road Trip to Waco



Waco is just about the coolest place ever! That's in large part to Chip & Joanna Gaines. The silos and bakery at Magnolia are awesome. There's great food, a fun atmosphere, and the cutest merchandise! Warning: picture heavy post!




When I went with my mom and sister last week, it was my second time there. The last time I'd gone, we didn't get to go into the bakery because the line was out the door and down the block. But this time we timed it perfectly! We went on a Wednesday right when they opened. There was almost no one there! 




We grabbed some breakfast...and dessert from the bakery then made our way over to the shop. I got a delicious gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookie that was to die for! I was shocked to see that they offer gluten free items since most bakeries don't. I also got a yummy campfire cupcake because let's be honest, you can't go to there and just get one thing.



For those of you that have never been inside the Magnolia shop at the Silos, the feeling when you first walk in is amazing! The cuteness almost overwhelms you haha. I have to use all of my self control and will power to not buy everything in the store. From the cute plants and decor to the adorable hats and tees, this place oozes charm. The attention to detail and all the little things are my favorite. 






After wandering, some restraining, more wandering, and some drooling, I was finally able to peel myself away from the store without a penny spent! Quite the feat. 





While we did go to Waco mostly to visit the Silos, we wanted to see what else this little Texas town had to offer. So we walked a few blocks over to The Spice Village; an old warehouse turned shopping center where a bunch of local companies sell odds and ends, clothing, shoes, decor, etc. Seriously, another super cute place to check out if you're in Waco! 






We wandered around looking (and drooling) at everything for about an hour before we headed back to the Silos for lunch. Most people probably know that I love food and usually look forward to eating. But I had been looking forward to this for like three days since we decided to be spontaneous and head to Waco. The trashcan rice bowl. THE yummiest of yummy food. It's the perfect blend of rice, lemongrass pork, chicken, crisp cucumbers, shredded carrots, cilantro sauce, sriracha sauce, and cilantro. My fave!





After lunch, my niece and nephew played on the big open grass area with all of the fun lawn games they have at the Silos. Then we headed outside the city to see the location of Chip & Jo's new restaurant, Magnolia Table. It's currently under construction and they were working on it when we drove by. Can't wait to try it!

On the way out of town we drove by Harp Design Co to check out the shop of Clint Harp from Fixer Upper. We're kind of obsessed with the show if you can't tell. It was such a fun road trip! Chip and Joanna have made the Silos such a fun and homey place where everyone wants to be! Every time I visit, I never want to leave.

Happy Monday!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe