I know I'm a week late, but we had so much fun celebrating this guy's birthday that I had to post about it! I sure did spoil him!

Since he had school that morning and I had to work, I made him a quick but thoughtful breakfast that I knew he'd love...French Toast! After his morning classes he met me for a late lunch and we got some delicious sushi (which he's been craving forever!) 



Then he got to go home and take a nap and open presents before we headed north of the city for his birthday dinner with friends. Lucky dog! I got him some earplugs for dentists that protect their hearing from the damaging noise of dental tools. I also got him resistance bands for exercising, a new polo shirt, and a book he's been wanting.


Obviously, we let the birthday boy choose the restaurant for dinner....and obviously Shawn chose a steakhouse! We went to LongHorn Steakhouse in Reading with our friends John and Brittney. It was so good! We got stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer, Shawn got a 12 ounce steak and I got a 6 ounce steak. Yum! His buddy John mentioned to the waitress that it was Shawn's birthday and they brought him a cute little ice cream sundae that we all shared. Needless to say, when we got home we were both stuffed, but I told Shawn WE HAVE TO try at least a tiny bit of the cake I made him. Let me tell you about this cake...it took me about 3 hours, gave me a massive headache, and was a royal pain in my butt. And it didn't even turn out. Bah! But it's what Shawn requested so I sucked it up. It was supposed to be a giant Reese's Peanut Butter Cake, but knowing me and the procrastinator that I am...I didn't have the pan I needed. So i improvised...also for those that know me...I am NOT a good improvisor. I'm the worst! So I went to the grocery store and bought parchment paper, spent about 30 minutes "accordion folding" it, and deciding that it just might make an acceptable Reese's Cup mold. Ha! That was wishful thinking. All I have to say is at least it tasted good!!! 


Overall, it was a fun day and I hope Shawn enjoyed it! I love you babe! Here's to another year on the road to growing old together! Man, 27 never looked so good :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe