Labor Day Weekend


Since Labor Day weekend was super close to our anniversary this year, Shawn and I decided to get out of the city and head to the mountains! It was so relaxing and amazing!! I am a true believer that the mountains are therapeutic. Nature has a way of calming my soul and making me so happy! I mean, look at these views.




Saturday morning we headed up to New Hampshire. We had about a two hour drive so I tried to think of something we could to make the drive fun and go by fast. So of course I looked on Pinterest haha! I saw a cute idea to ask each other 21 questions about dating, our wedding, our honeymoon, our first year of marriage, etc. It was fun to reflect and share memories. I actually learned things about Shawn I didn't know or had never heard before. I strongly recommend doing it! Here are some of the questions we did.



On the way to our resort, we stopped at Franconia Notch State Park to do some hiking. We hiked The Basin and it was breath taking! The weather was perfect, sunny but not too hot. We walked through some of the thickest, most lush bit of forest and it was gorgeous! Beautiful views and the best guy by my side. I was a happy camper :)



After our awesome hike we headed up to Loon Mountain to do some rock climbing. I wish we had gear to rock climb on real rocks, but we just did some walls that day instead. It was fun. Shawn loved it and was really good at it. 


Since we were all sweaty from rock climbing, we checked into our room and hit up the pool! It was so nice. There was a hot tub, sauna, and steam room too. Such a relaxing place. I soaked up every minute. And the view from our room wasn't half bad.



We went to dinner at the super fancy hotel restaurant. We got steak & frites and shrimp pasta for dinner then shared a cookie ice cream sandwich for dessert. So good! We headed back to our room to watch a movie and let our food bellies shrink! We were watching This Means War when the headboard behind our bed fell off the wall. It scared the crap out of us!!! A maintenance guy came to take a look. Apparently the screws were completely stripped out. Good thing it didn't land on our heads! They treated us to a huge breakfast buffet the next morning to apologize. Not a bad deal...free breakfast for a little scare haha.

The next morning we slept in, ate breakfast, and checked out. We took our time getting back to Boston and stopped for some lunch. That night we played some Monopoly and Shawn destroyed me. I have the worst luck!



On Monday we headed down to the Wrentham Outlets to do some shopping and hit the Labor Day sales. There were over 150 stores! It had all our favorites and we definitely found some awesome deals. After shopping, Shawn and I played some soccer on the grass field in front of our apartment. It had been way too long since I played. Man I missed it! Then we headed to the beach for a BBQ with our friends John and Brittney. It was so beautiful out! We sat in the sand, grilled hot dogs, and enjoyed the view.  Great end to a great weekend!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe