What's Up Wednesday - 6.24.2020

 

Today I'm linking up with my girls Shay and Sheaffer for another round of "What's Up Wednesday"! These sweet gals started WUW, a little link up party where we all share what’s going on in our crazy lives right now. We talk about food, family, what we’re wearing, what we’re doing, what we’re watching and a little bit of everything else all in one post! This month's is a super fun one because WE HAD OUR BABY!! We welcomed Brynleigh Jeanne into the family on June 14th (her actual due date!) and we couldn't be more in love!
 
WHAT WE’RE EATING THIS WEEK:
Before I had Brynleigh, I made a TON of freezer meals and it's been so nice having those to eat. I knew I wouldn't be up for cooking, so I prepared and I'm glad I did! Some of the meals are Poppyseed Chicken Casserole, Breakfast Burritos, Shredded Chicken Taquitos, Tuscan Chicken Pasta, Enchilada Casserole, Baked Oatmeal and a bunch more. Pinterest is such a good resource for freezer meals!
 
WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT:
Having a baby!! I still can't believe I'm a mom and that I have a daughter! It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I'm so glad she's finally here! I'll do a full blog post about her birth story in a few days! It felt so surreal bringing her home from the hospital and introducing her to her grandparents and cousins!


 
WHAT I’M LOVING:
Being a mama! I almost don't have words to describe the feelings I have. I've waited so long for this moment! I can't believe I have a daughter and how much I already love her! It was love at first site and I totally bawled like a baby when she was born. Oh, and seeing Shawn be a daddy is one of the sweetest things ever!


 
WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO:
Oh you know, just having a baby haha! But seriously, adjusting to this new life with a newborn baby is crazy, difficult and so worth it! We've been trying to get into a groove and figure out what works for us. Bryn is such a good baby and has been doing so good! We're also enjoying every minute of snuggling and loving on her!

 
WHAT I’M DREADING:
 I wouldn't say I'm dreading it, but I'm a bit nervous for all of our family to leave and for Shawn to go back to work. I know I'll enjoy the one on one time with Bryn, but it's also a bit overwhelming. It will be a big adjustment for sure!
 
WHAT I’M WORKING ON:
 I'm working on writing Brynleigh's birth story and can't wait to share our experience with y'all!

 
WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT:
 My super talented sister came over last week and took THE CUTEST newborn pics of Bryn and I can't wait to see them!

 
WHAT I’M WATCHING/READING:
I've been watching The Bachelor: Greatest Seasons Ever while I pump and it's been pretty entertaining to go back and watch previous seasons from so long ago! 

 
WHAT I’M LISTENING TO:
 I haven't been listening to much lately since I've been so busy. If you have any good audiobook recommendations send them my way! We recently subscribed to Audible so we'd love to know what good books are out there!
 
WHAT I’M WEARING:
 I can't tell you how good it feels to be back in normal clothes! I don't know about y'all, but I am not a fan of maternity clothes...like at all! I've also been wearing a really great recovery band and can't believe the results I've had! I'll link the band here.
 
WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND:
Well the weather here in Dallas is supposed to be amazing so hopefully we can get outside and do something fun with Miss Bryn!
  
WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
Hopefully traveling to Utah to visit all our family and introduce them to Brynleigh! If my hubby can get time off and we can find reasonable flights, we'll go!

 
WHAT ELSE IS NEW:
Not much! Just soaking up all the baby cuddles and lovin' being a new mama!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe