How to Make Your Home More Cozy This Fall

One of the best things about fall IMO is all the warm, cozy feels! Am I right?! So I thought it'd be fun to share some ideas on how to make your home a little more cozy, welcoming and relaxing this season.



Blankets, Blankets and More Blankets
I'm a huge fan of snuggling up with a soft blanket on a chilly fall day! There's just something about the comfort and homey feeling a blanket can bring. Try putting a large basket somewhere in your living room full of warm, chunky, furry blankets so that you and your guests can easily grab and enjoy them at any time.


Hot Cocoa Bars Are My Jam
I don't know why, but doesn't hot cocoa always seem to taste better in the fall and winter on cold dreary days when you need a bit of cheering up? When I get a craving for something sweet and it's too cold for my go-to ice cream, I like to choose something that is both sweet and warm. I have a section on my kitchen counter that would make a perfect little hot cocoa bar! That way it's in sight, I remember to keep it fully stocked and I'm prepared when any guests stop by. It's a simple, inexpensive way to add some warmth and coziness to your home. You can also set out apple cider or other warm beverages and switch things out based on the season. If you know guests are coming over, try setting out some apple cider donuts...they go great with hot cocoa!



Candles For Days
Does anything scream "cozy" louder than amazing fall scented candles? I don't think so. My favorites by far are the candles from Bath & Body Works Fall Line, but at $25 a piece they're a bit pricey. So I wait until they have a sale or coupon and then I stock up! Home Goods and Target also have some good ones. There's just something about the smell of a perfect candle that lifts your spirits, makes you feel good and puts you in a great mood!




Pillows and Fur, Yes Please!
Can one ever really have enough pillows? I think the jury's still out on that one. So until it's socially unacceptable and frowned upon to have a bajillion pillows on your couch, load that baby up! Ok, maybe don't put a bajillion, but you know what I mean. Put two or three in each corner of your couch. Add some to a bench underneath a window or in your entryway. Create a full, comfy looking bed by adding a few rows of complimenting solids, patterns and prints. Pillows add texture, dimension, warmth and comfort that helps your home and living spaces feel more welcoming. You won't be able to help snuggling up with all those soft pillows! My personal favorite right now are fur pillows. They are seriously THE BEST. Mine is homemade and they're super easy, but if you'd rather buy them there's a ton of cute ones out there!


Twinkle, Twinkle Little...Fairy Lights?
They may not be actual stars, but fairy lights have a way of bringing the autumn sky inside so you can sleep under the stars every night. Fairy lights are dainty, petite string lights that give off a subtle glow and can bring warmth into any space. They can be strung across a bedroom ceiling, draped over a headboard, placed on fireplace mantle, hung above a desk...the possibilities are endless. Trust me, you will never regret hanging up some fairy lights! Here are the ones I have and really like.



Did Someone Say Pie?
Who doesn't love pie? If you said you...you're lying to me and yourself! Ha. But seriously, what better way to make your home smell great and get a fall inspired dessert at the same time? Even if you're not really a baker or have never made a pie before...you can do it! It doesn't have to be completely made from scratch, try keeping it simple. Buy a pie crust and then make your own filling. Or make your own pie crust and buy a filling. If you're feeling adventurous and want to try your hand at something new, do it all from scratch. Challenge yourself! I think most of us will find that we are capable of a lot more than we usually think. Here's a good apple pie recipe if you want to try it out!



Bath Bombs Are Where It's At
I wish I would have discovered my love for bath bombs sooner! They are the perfect way to relax and feel cozy, even when it's cold and gloomy outside. They can turn your at-home-spa-day dreams into a reality! I've heard a lot of people make their own, but I know most people don't have time for that so I'll link some here that you can buy. And don't worry if you don't have a bathtub...they now make shower steamers that are equally awesome!



Readers Gonna Read
Books are kind of like candles when it comes to autumn...a total given and must have! The ideal fall day is snuggled up in a cozy corner with a warm blanket and a book, maybe some hot cocoa too. Right? So why not create that cozy space in your own home? It doesn't have to be anything fancy. All you need is a comfy chair, a soft blanket and some books and you could sit and read all day! This is a simple, inexpensive way to add another cozy element to your home and create a warm, welcoming environment for you and your guests. If you don't want to do an entire corner, try adding extra books to your shelves so you see them more often and are reminded to sit down and read a good book when you have free time.




Hopefully you enjoyed this post and found it helpful! I'd love to hear about your homes and how y'all make them cozy! Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe