Playing Catch Up: July

July was also a busy, but fun month for us! Shawn and I usually don't do much for the 4th of July because we both hate crowds, but this year we were feeling adventurous! It may have something to do with the fact that this was our last Independence Day out here in Boston!



On Monday, July 3rd, we went down to Newport, Rhode Island with some friends. This little town is the cutest! And like so many other coastal towns along the Eastern United States, the views are breathtaking! 




We went sailing and I discovered that I absolutely LOVE it....when someone else is doing all the work and I get to sit their with the wind whipping my hair while I take pictures haha! But honestly, it was one of the funnest things I've done since we've moved out here. I think it's partly because I grew up on the water and missed that feeling. But also because there was just something about being out there on the ocean that day, with the sun beating down on me, and my hair blowing in the wind. It was nature's version of therapy and it was just what I needed! I'd go again in a heartbeat! 




After the hour and a half long sailboat ride we walked the quaint streets of downtown Newport, found a cute little pub style restaurant for dinner, walked along the ocean and watched the sunset, and ate some ice cream from a great ma and pa little place. It was such a fabulous day!





On Tuesday, the 4th of July, we had a BBQ with friends then went downtown to watch fireworks along the Charles. It was so crowded down there, but WHAT a show!

That next weekend we went camping with two couples up in Nottingham, NH at Pawtuckaway State Park. One of the things I love most about New England, is how close all the states are! We can drive 45 minutes and be in New Hampshire. We can drive two hours and be in Maine. Or we can drive south for four hours and be in NYC. It's the best!

Anyway, our campout was super fun! We rented canoes and kayaks and paddled up the lake, got caught in a huge downpour, played lots of games, and had some delicious food! Another awesome camping trip in the books!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Catch Up: June (Plumb Family Vaca)

How to Build a Summer Capsule Wardrobe

How to Build a Spring Capsule Wardrobe